What is external wall insulation?

External Wall Insulation sometimes called ‘EWI’ is insulation that is put on the outer skin of a building that can either be rendered over, or externally clad with timber or tiles. External Wall Insulation is normally used when a wall is one of the following: the cavity is too small to achieve the U-value desired, the building has a solid wall construction so you are unable to have insulation within the walls, or when you do not want to lose any internal floor space. External Wall Insulation can also be referred to as external house insulation, insulated render, insulated cladding, or wall cladding.

To keep up to date with all our latest blog posts you can follow the blog by clicking this RSS Feed link or by following us on Twitter @KingspanIns_UK or on Linkedin.

Share this blog post with your friends and colleagues by clicking on the social media icons below.

Print this page

Kingspan Insulation is a market leading manufacturer of optimum, premium and high performance rigid insulation products and insulated systems for building fabric and building services applications.